I am currently having a heated discussion with a book blogger on Twitter about Fifty Shades of Grey.
My position is that Christian Grey was taking advantage of Ana Steele (the girl) and that the girl was desperately doing everything for Christian. BDSM, nasty stuff. And the book was poorly written. He said that the submission/abuse element of the book was up to the reader's interpretation. Also, he recommended that I read the last part of the third book because apparently it contains Christian's POV when he met Ana and that might give me an idea that Christian was NOT using Ana, in which I replied with "maybe. his intentions may be good but the way he executed his actions-- just no. I hope no one does that in real life."
I don't know if he will still reply, we'll see.
How can anyone like Fifty Shades? Tell me.
PS -- I may read that part he is talking about if I find a copy online. There is absolutely no way I will spend money on that series. Not even the movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment