I really could get used to this super-mega-hyper excited feeling. I'm counting on the weeks, days, and hours to come. October 19th, Friday. Oh how I love that day. Everyone's coming home, first time in about eight years. Imagine that?
Many things have changed. Back in 1999 things were a lot less complicated, not just in me but for the whole family. There are no sky-high bills to top the list. I had no knowledge of the internet and the Disney Channel. My only obsessions that time were my dollies, tosilog, and those yummy chocolate crinkles. I had no doubts in passing my subjects in school. I was bullied by my classmates and my so-called friends. My little sister was the sweetest, cutest child. My brother and I were fighting hand to hand. My mom was, well, still young, and she didn't have problems as tough as now. My dad was my hero.
Now things are in contrast with what happened eight years ago. As life changes, people change. But life goes on, things may have turned topsy-turvy, and the only thing that I must do is to live life to the fullest. And I can't even do that single thing. I worry much about my plans, my hopes and dreams, and pretty much everything. I procrastinate. I forget about all the good things once a sad or embarrassing thought strikes me.
I know many things have changed and many more will. I am 25 years old in another eight years. I must've graduated college and working by then. I probably have gone to another country, or I already am in another country by then. I could have married and have kids, but no, I think that's impossible. I may be living in the streets and begging for food from the passers-by, or I may be a sophisticate riding in my Audi, or what car is hot by that time. But whatever. I don't have control over those things.
Back to my excitement, I bet I'll have a grand vacation after the 19th, no not really the grand type where people spend a lot of money for leisure, but the grand that's just, the best. Its been 2005 since I last saw my best ever Tita Irish in the world, and I'm very eager to see her again. It will be the first time I'll get to meet her husband David and their daughter Dairish. Hah. I better practice my English before they arrive. I'll also see Inay, the best grandma in the whole planet. Some days after the 19th my dad will arrive. Whoa. It's gonna be a super family reunion! Hehe.
No comments:
Post a Comment